Original Medicare is offered by the federal government. It includes:
- Part A (inpatient care in hospital, skilled nursing facility care, hospice, care, and home health care)
- Part B (services from doctors and other healthcare providers, outpatient care, home health care, durable medical equipment, and many preventative services)
- If you want prescription drug coverage, you can join a separate Part D plan.
- To help pay your out-of-pocket costs in Original Medicare (like your 20% coinsurance), you can also buy supplemental coverage.
- Can use any doctor or hospital that takes Medicare, anywhere in the U.S.